Dirt City Sanctuary is proud to announce our 2019 Block Party! We are a nonprofit dedicated to utilizing community to assist those impacted by substance use disorder (often compounded by mental health issues and homelessness).
Through our Purple Backpack campaign we were able to raise over $45,000 in essential winter supplies for hundreds of people facing homelessness in Grand Rapids in 2018. With the help of our community, we were able to distribute the following items during our two distributions (and multiple smaller scale distributions).
- 250+ pairs of new winter boots
- 300+ thermoses
- 1000+ pairs of socks, underwear, and bras
- 200 pairs of thermal underwear sets
- 75 sleeping bags
- Hundreds of coats
- 500+ winter hats and gloves
- 2000+ hand and feet warmers
- 1000+ feminine hygiene products
On April 28. 2019 we are hosting a community Block Party at Calder Plaza. The goal of our Block Party is to give the option of winter gear storage, to distribute spring essentials, provide a meal, free haircuts, and to provide an afternoon of community for those with and without housing to come together. We have set a goal of $25,000 to fund storage, essential spring and summer supplies such as tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, shoes, socks, underwear and more.
With the help of business and individual sponsors, we’re confident we can make this Block Party a meaningful and successful community event.
We are seeking:
- Sponsors for the Block Party; minimum donation of $100 required to be listed as an event sponsor ($500+ listed as community partners)
- Donations of goods, services, and gift certificates for the event
- Purchase supplies from our Amazon wishlist at https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3C38SWJV1TNTI/ref=cm_go_nav_hz
- Sponsor a shopping trip to B&G Discount for supplies (They offer us deeply discounted items for our distributions)
- Donations are tax deductible and by supporting Dirt City Sanctuary, you are not only supporting individuals in Kent County that are facing substance use disorder, but also their friends, family, and our community as a whole.
- We anticipate an attendance of 400-500 individuals for the block party and it’s an excellent way to get your name out.
Contact Stacy Peck to discuss donation opportunities, custom sponsorship opportunities, underwriting opportunities and more! email@example.com / 616.723.3447
Thank You To Our Sponsors