DCS “What CAN You Give” Community Pop Can Fundraising Collaboration
Do you want to help DCS! Organize a pop can drive and collect pop cans for DCS through your place of employment, church or local event. DCS collects pop cans year-round and the returning of these pop cans generates revenue that benefit our fight against homelessness and addiction. Pop cans and pop can drives are an easy way to donate and help others. It is a task that people of all ages can do.
There are a few models for how to hold a pop can drive you use.
- Single-site drop off: You ask people to bring pop can donations to one location during set hours on a specific day. Volunteers stay at the collection site.
- Extended pop can drive: You set up one or more collection points with drop boxes where people can leave pop cans over the course of multiple days or weeks. Volunteers collect the donations on a regular schedule.
- Event-related pop can drive: Your team partners with a local event – like a sports game, music festival or county fair – and sets up collection sites at the event.
Here’s a basic rundown of how the pop can drive works.
- Get the word out: post flyers and advertise the upcoming collection. Be sure to send out an e-mail if you have a mailing list, and post the information on your group’s website as well.
- Provide a location for drop off, or place clearly marked collection containers in public places.
- After collection, cans will need to be sorted to remove unacceptable bottles and cans before being returned to a redemption center for cash
If you are interested in hosting a pop can drive we would love to help you organize your pop can drive.
Other Ways to Give
There are many ways to support the work that DCS offers to those in need. Here are just a few ways to help – but don’t let our list restrict your imagination!
Fundraise for Fun!
- Donate proceeds from your Annual Corporate Golf Tournament.
- Ask your company to donate proceeds from your next jeans day.
- Ask guests to make a donation instead of bringing a gift the next time that you host a dinner party, birthday, or special event.
- Many companies offer a “donation matching” program where they match your contributions when you donate.
- Have a coin collection jar at the door of your next event.
- Donate the proceeds from your next Yard or Garage sale.
- Donate the proceeds from your next Bake Sale or BBQ.
- Fundraise for your next marathon – running, bowling, volleyball, let your imagination guide you!
If you are interested in setting up a pop can drive or another creative fundraiser at your place of employment, church, school or community event for DCS please contact Stacy Peck at stacy@dirtcitysanctuary or Wendy Botts at 616.250.6423 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form.